Terms and Conditions
The following Terms & Conditions are applicable to all Contracts of any kind made by Asara Wine Estate & Hotel and its Clients and apply to all reservations, bookings and agreements for accommodation, dining, function room hire and use of any / all services at Asara Wine Estate & Hotel. This applies to bookings whether made online through our own website, via a 3rd party website, or if made by telephone or in person.
We kindly ask that you take a moment to read these Terms & Conditions prior to making a booking. Please do not continue with the booking process if you are not in agreement with these Terms & Conditions as they are binding.
- 1.1 All rates are quoted in South African Rand.
- 1.2 Rates are per room per night and are inclusive of accommodation and full breakfast, unless otherwise indicated.
- 1.3 Rates are inclusive of 14% VAT.
- 1.4 Rates are subject to, but exclude 1% Tourism Levy.
- 1.5 All rates and prices are net and non-commissionable, unless otherwise agreed in writing prior to booking.
- 1.6 STO Rates are by prior arrangement and contract only and have their own additional T&C’s.
- 1.7 STO rates are not valid for special events, Christmas Eve, Christmas and Old Year’s / New Year’s Eve. These evenings will be sold as a fully inclusive package, including Dinner, Bed & Breakfast. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- 1.8 Extra bed charges, restaurant bookings, spa treatments and any other additional services are non-commissionable.
- 1.9 Rates on our website are updated each time a booking is made or cancelled and are determined according to occupancy levels and demand and therefore fluctuate all the time.
- 1.10 All rates and are strictly subject to availability and change.
- 1.11 Please note that the rate being offered on the website at the time of enquiry is not guaranteed if you do not complete and guarantee the booking at the same time.
- 1.12 Taxes are subject to change – according to SA Tax laws.
- 1.13 The Hotel reserves the right to refuse rates on specific / certain days, with or without prior notice.
- 1.14 Website rates are offered for individual transient business only and are not available for groups or conferences.
- 1.15 Website rates are valid for 1 to 5 rooms, i.e. a maximum of 5 rooms may be booked online.
- 1.16 A booking of 6 rooms or more requires prior approval from the Hotel and may be subject to group rates, surcharges, group terms & conditions and a separate contract. Please contact email@example.com for rates and information. This applies to all bookings – telephonic, email, Asara’s own website as well as any 3rd party agent or website.
- 1.17 For a reservation of 6 Rooms and more via our website, or via any 3rd party website; the Hotel is not obligated to honour the rate offered on the website and we reserve the right to re-quote the rate or cancel the reservation.
- 1.18 For group bookings, please contact our reservations department (firstname.lastname@example.org) to quote according to group size and requirements.
- 1.19 For conference bookings, please contact our Events department (email@example.com) to quote according to your group size and requirements.
- 1.20 Travel Agents & Tour Operators commission must be agreed in writing prior to the booking being made.
- 1.21 No commission is payable on any Packages, BAR Rates, Special Offers or Value Added Elements; unless previously agreed by the Hotel in writing.
- 1.22 Restaurant reservations, spa treatments, transfers and any other additional services cannot be guaranteed online. If your reservation is dependent on any additional services, or if your rate includes dinner, please contact the hotel telephonically to book and confirm these prior to finalising your booking online.
- 2.1 Specific room numbers and buildings cannot be guaranteed as rooms are allocated on arrival.
- 2.2 For bookings via our website – a maximum of 5 rooms may be made by any one person for the same date(s). Please refer to points 1.10-1.13 above.
- 2.3 The Hotel will make every reasonable effort to ensure that the room type you have booked is allocated to you. However, it may be necessary for operational or safety reasons to allocate an alternative room type, and we reserve the right to do so.
- 2.4 We reserve the right to charge your credit or debit card, with or without your presence, for damage caused by you to your room or the Hotel facilities during your stay (including without limitation specialist cleaning), or for any items that are missing when you leave. This includes smoking in rooms, minibar charges and removal of room amenities.
- 2.5 South Africa Smoking law applies. The Hotel & Winery is smoke free. Guests are not permitted to smoke in any buildings and public areas. All our Guest bedrooms are non-smoking areas. A charge will be applied for smoking in the bedrooms, or on the balconies and patios as they will need deep cleaning on your departure.
- 2.6 As we are a licensed premises, no food or beverage may be brought on to the property without prior arrangement and agreement in writing. Such consent may require an additional surcharge.
- 2.7 The Hotel reserves the right to shut any of its venues (restaurants, lounges etc.) without prior notice.
- 2.8 At certain times, facilities may become unavailable due to maintenance, adverse weather conditions or for other reasons. We will attempt to keep all Hotel Guests informed of these circumstances however this may not always be possible. If the use or availability of any facility is a significant reason for your stay, we would advise you to check directly with the Hotel in advance of your arrival.
- 2.9 Please be aware that at certain times throughout the year the Hotel may host weddings, events and celebrations, which you may feel would be an intrusion on your stay. Should this be of concern to you, please contact the Hotel directly in advance of your stay for further information.
- 2.10 In the unlikely event that the Hotel is unable to honour a booking, we reserve the right to relocate the Guest to an alternative Hotel of a similar standard in a nearby locality.
- If this is done in advance of the arrival date, the Hotel accepts no further liability and any funds payable are to the new establishment. Unfortunately the same rate cannot be guaranteed.
- If the accommodation has been prepaid, or the relocation occurs during your booked stay, a credit will be passed for paid funds not spent.
- The extra and reasonable accommodation expenses incurred for equivalent accommodation may be borne by the Hotel – this will be for the first night only and will be at the Hotel’s discretion and decided on an individual basis dependant on the reason for the relocation.
- The acceptance of this obligation (which will not release the Guest of the obligation to pay the Hotel the relevant charges incurred) shall be in lieu of all other liabilities or obligations, which are hereby explicitly excluded.
- 2.11 Parking is available free of charge to all Hotel Guests. (See further details under the Loss / Liability heading.)
- 2.12 Should any of the provisions of these General Terms and Conditions be declared null and void or unenforceable, the remaining Conditions shall be maintained in the agreed terms. The Hotel reserves the right to substitute the term in question with another which most closely complies with the initial intent.
3. PRICING & RATE AVAILABILITY
- 3.1 We offer a full range of packages and pricing.
- 3.2 Once a rate is confirmed it may not be changed.
- 3.3 Our rates, packages and pricing will vary and fluctuate depending on availability and demand at any given time.
- 3.4 All prices are subject to change without prior notice.
- 3.5 Prices are subject to availability and are inclusive of VAT at the current prevailing rate.
- 3.6 Your rate is only guaranteed once you have supplied credit or debit card details to secure the booking, and you have been given a confirmation number.
- 3.7 All rates, special offers and packages are as advertised in their entirety and are not exchangeable, transferable or negotiable.
- 3.8 Special offers & advance saver rates may have additional payment & cancellation terms & conditions which will be specified accordingly.
- 3.9 For packages which include a meal in a specific restaurant; if for any reason we are unable to offer the meal in the particular restaurant included in your package, we reserve the right to offer an allowance (allowance will be dependent on package and restaurant), or to offer the meal in a different venue in the hotel.
- 3.10 All rates featured on our Website or quoted via telephone, email or otherwise are offered subject to availability and we reserve the right to refuse any booking for good reason.
- 3.11 Any changes to a booking will be subject to a re-calculation of rates, which may be more than the original rates.
- 3.12 Changes to arrival and / or departure dates or length of stay are subject to a re-quote and may be subject to the Cancellation Policy detailed below. Should your dates change, your agreed rate may no longer be available as we operate on a fluctuating BAR rate structure.
4. LOSS / LIABILITY / ACCOUNTABILITY, ETC.
- 4.1 Guests must report any loss or damage to the Duty Manager immediately on discovery.
- 4.2 Neither the Hotel, its owners, their agents, contractors or employees shall be held liable for any loss, damage, destruction, injury or death which may be caused to, or by, any person or the assets, property or any other item of equipment or the likes thereof which may occur as a result of any foreseen or unforeseen event or any act or omission on the part of the Company, its owners, their agents, contractors or employees.
- 4.3 In the interest of security and to prevent fraud Guests may be required to confirm their identity on check-in by providing their booking reference along with their passport, identity card or driving licence and a valid credit or debit card. If Guests are travelling from outside of South Africa we are obliged by South African law to require Guests to provide the number and place of issue of the given passport / identity card and details of their fixed home address. These records will be copied and kept for a minimum of 12 months and may be disclosed or made available for inspection by any Police, Immigration or Government Officer or as otherwise required by applicable law in connection with the prevention or investigation of crime. The information above may be requested for each member of your party, including children, and we reserve the right to refuse entry to persons who cannot provide the information set out above.
- 4.4 For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these terms and conditions shall operate to exclude or limit the Hotel’s liability for the death or personal injury of any person caused by the negligence of the Hotel or its employees or agents. Or to attempt to exclude or limit the Hotel’s liability in any manner which would be unlawful. The Hotel accepts no liability and will not pay any compensation where the performance of its obligations is prevented or affected directly or indirectly by, or as a result of force majeure or any circumstances beyond its reasonable control, including, but not limited to; flood, earthquake, extreme adverse weather conditions, natural disasters, other acts of God, acts of terrorism, fire or failure of electric power, gas, water, or other utility service, plant machinery, computers, vehicles or any collapse of building structures.
- 4.5 All Guests are welcome to use our car park which is security patrolled. However cars and their contents are parked at the owner’s own risk. We do not accept responsibility for any loss or damage, unless caused by the Hotel’s wilful misconduct.
- 4.6 Guests are strongly requested to make use of the in-room safes for all valuables. The Hotel does not accept any responsibility for loss or damage to any property.
- 4.7 Guests will be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury they may cause at the Hotel.
- 4.8 Whilst every reasonable effort will be made to fulfil any particular request which you may have in relation to your stay with us; we cannot guarantee that we will be able to meet such requests, and our failure in this regard will not constitute a breach of contract.
- 4.9 Guests are requested to not disrupt the comfort and enjoyment of other Guests, the smooth running of the Hotel, and to not cause offence to other Guests or to our staff members. The Hotel reserves the right to refuse service and may insist that a Guest leave if he/she is causing a disturbance, annoying other Guests or Hotel staff, or is behaving in an unacceptable or threatening manner.
- 4.10 All reasonable efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of information on the Hotel’s website as well as any 3rd party websites. The Hotel does not accept responsibility for errors or omissions and reserves the right to amend, cancel, supplement or vary any of the arrangements, information and rates featured on any of the websites without notice.
- 4.11 These Terms and Conditions are subject to South African law and any dispute in relation to them shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African Courts.
5. LOST PROPERTY
- 5.1 Please contact Reception immediately on becoming aware that you have left items at the Hotel.
- 5.2 Any Guest property which is left behind in the rooms or elsewhere on the property will be kept in Lost & Found for a period of 90 days. Thereafter we reserve the right to donate any items to a Charity of the Hotel’s choosing.
- 5.3 The Guest will be responsible for any packaging, postage or courier fees in getting items returned to them.
- 5.4 All unassigned property will be forwarded to a charity or disposed of depending value.
6. COMPLAINTS OR COMMENTS
- 6.1 In the first instance, any complaint or comment regarding your stay should be made to the Hotel’s Duty Manager at the time of your stay so that we may be made aware thereof, and have the opportunity to put things right before your departure.
- Problems which cannot be resolved there and then should be made in writing to the Hotel General Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 6.2 If the first we hear of your complaint is after your departure and via social media or press, we regret that we will not be able to rectify the issue or accept any wrongdoing.
- 7.1 Transfers to and from the Airport / Hotel or elsewhere, can be arranged via reservations at the time of booking, or at Reception during the course of your stay. An additional cost will apply as these services are outsourced.
8. CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
- Check-in time for individual guests is from 14h00 and Check-out time is by 11h00.
- Check-in time for groups is from 15h00 and Check-out time is by 10h00.
- 8.1 Should you arrive before the relevant Check-in time and your room is not available, we will be happy to store your luggage for you while you enjoy the Hotel facilities or explore Stellenbosch or the Winelands.
- 8.2 Early Check-in must be arranged prior to arrival, is subject to availability and may be charged according to the time of your check-in. If you require an early check-in with guarantee, we recommend booking the room from the day before your intended arrival.
- 8.3 Late Check-out is subject to availability. If you require a guaranteed late departure, we recommend booking the room for an extra day. Late check-outs without pre-booking cannot be guaranteed until the morning of your departure, and may be charged according to the actual check-out time.
9. ROOM INFORMATION & OCCUPANCY
- 9.1 We are unable to accommodate more than 2 persons in our Courtyard Rooms.
- All other room types and Suites are able to accommodate 1 child in the room at an additional charge, (see Child Policy below).
- 9.2 Children over the age of 17 are regarded as adult; and we are not able to accommodate 3 adults in any room type.
- 9.3 All rooms are equipped with the following: air-conditioning and heating, remote controlled TV with satellite channels, Tea / Coffee making facilities, hairdryer and safe and Egyptian cotton linen. Mini Bars are stocked on request at an additional charge.
- 9.4 All rooms have either a terrace or balcony.
- 9.5 Please note that the rooms are located in 3 separate buildings within the Estate. Not all buildings include all the room types. Therefore if you are reserving more than one room and require the rooms to be near or next to each other, please advise and check with Reservations prior to reserving online so that you can be sure you have reserved the correct room types in order to accommodate your requirements.
- 10.1 Regrettably we are unable to accommodate pets, other than service dogs, which are welcome by prior arrangement.
11. SWIMMING POOL
- 11.1 In the interest of hygiene, Guests are requested to shower before using the pool.
- 11.2 As the pool is not under constant supervision, it is stressed that Guests are responsible for their own safety whilst in the pool area.
- 11.3 Running, jumping or diving in the pool area is not permitted.
- 11.4 Swimming is only permitted during official opening hours.
- 11.5 Guests are advised to read the additional regulations which apply and are on display in the pool area.
- 11.6 For safety reasons, all children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult when using the swimming pool. Their safety is under the responsibility of the adult accompanying them.
- 11.7 The Hotel does not accept any liability for accidents or injuries at the Swimming Pool area, or anywhere else on the Estate (see Point 4 above).
12. IMPAIRED MOBILITY
- 12.1 Guests with impaired mobility, or other particular requirements should check with the Hotel in advance to ensure that their needs can be accommodated. Please call or email the Hotel directly for particulars.
13. CHILD POLICY
- 13.1 Children aged 0-2 stay on a complimentary basis in their parents’ room.
- Baby cots can be provided by prior request at no additional charge.
- 13.2 A maximum of 1 additional rollaway bed (for ages 2 – 16 years) can be placed in all Rooms & Suites apart from Courtyard Rooms; a R500 per night supplement applies, which includes accommodation and breakfast.
- 13.3 Children of 17 and over pay the full adult room rate and can only be accommodated in a separate room. (Please see point 8 above for further information on different room types and their locations).
- 13.4 Babysitting is available by prior arrangement. These services are outsourced, therefore carry an additional cost. The Hotel cannot accept any liability for these services.
14. DEPOSIT & PAYMENT
- 14.1 At the time of booking or at check-in, we will take your credit/debit card details and you authorise the use of this card for any sums that become owing to us. The Hotel also retains the right to request full payment in advance, or a deposit, at the time of booking in certain circumstances or if the booking includes certain additional terms & conditions, amenities or services.
- The following applies to individual and group reservations:
- 14.2 All individual bookings must be guaranteed within 72 hours of making the reservation by providing credit card details. If credit card details are not available, a deposit or full pre-payment may be required. If a deposit is paid, proof of payment is to be received within this time period.
- 14.3 You will be required to present the payment card used to secure your booking, along with your matching ID on check-in, when full payment for your stay will be deducted.
- 14.4 Vouchers are required for all bookings received via Tour Operator or Travel Agent and must be advised of at the time of booking and presented on check-in, in order to be accepted.
- 14.5 If your card was only provided as a guarantee at the reservation stage; at the time of check-in we will deduct the full amount of your stay (room rate, VAT and any extras booked). We may also choose to accept a cash deposit in place of the card payment, in which case the room rate, VAT, room levy, any extras booked and a daily amount for incidentals will be required on check-in.
- 14.6 During your stay the Hotel’s billing system will calculate the incidentals charged to your room on a daily basis. If the cost of those incidentals exceeds the payment or authorisation taken on check-in, further authorisation will automatically be requested and if such authorisation is not available, we may request another method of settlement or a cash deposit to be provided, failing which we reserve the right to restrict charging facilities to your room.
- 14.7 All outstanding charges must be paid for in full on check-out from the Hotel. Should you leave without settling your final bill, all charges will be deducted from the credit card details provided without your presence and without the Hotel requesting further permission. Should there not be sufficient funds for the outstanding amount you will be held liable for such until the debt has been settled in full. Interest will be charged on a pro-rata basis.
- 14.8 A 25% non-refundable deposit is required on booking.
- 14.9 The balance of payment for the entire stay is required 30 days prior to arrival and the booking is subject to the cancellation fee as detailed below from 60 days.
- 14.10 If booking is within 30 days of arrival, full payment is required on booking.
- 14.11 Porterage for all groups is a fixed charge and is chargeable at R20 in and R20 out per room – irrespective of single or double occupancy.
- 14.12 Vouchers are required for all Group bookings received via Tour Operator or Travel Agent and must be presented on check-in in order for them to be accepted.
- 14.13 For all credit card transactions over R10,000 a 3.5% fee is applicable to group bookings. Wherever possible, payment by EFT (with no admin fee) is encouraged.
- 15.1 If you have a voucher, please advise us and provide the voucher number at the time of booking.
- 15.2 Vouchers not advised of and agreed upon, will not be accepted as a method of payment on departure.
- 15.3 Please present the voucher to Reception on arrival in order for it to be an accepted method of payment.
- 15.4 Vouchers are not interchangeable or exchangeable and only remain valid for the time / dates indicated on the voucher.
- 15.5 Under certain circumstances we may be able to extend the voucher (for a limited period of time). Please contact us to enquire. A fee of R500 administration fee will be payable.
- Regret we cannot extend a voucher once it has already expired.
16. CANCELLATION POLICY
- By continuing with a booking, you agree to all of our Terms & Conditions and our Cancellation Policy. If you are not satisfied that our terms are reasonable, please do not make the booking as it is binding and not negotiable.
- 16.1 No verbal cancellations of reservations will be accepted.
- 16.2 All cancellations must be by email to email@example.com.
- 16.3 Cancellations are only confirmed once you have a return email from the Hotel stating status of your reservation as such.
- 16.4 Cancellation fees are applicable to the entire length of stay and value of the booking.
- 16.5 Asara strongly recommends that you obtain travel insurance to prepare for any unforeseen events that may affect your travel plans as we are unable to offer refunds or credits outside of the cancellation policy detailed below.
- Once a reservation has been confirmed, the following cancellation policy is applicable with immediate effect. Regret there are no exceptions to the cancelation policy.
CANCELLATION FEE STRUCTURE
Days Before Arrival
14 - 8
7 or less
Cancellation Fee Applicable
November - March
April – October
- 16.6 The above cancellation policy does not apply to groups or during periods when there are special events planned at Asara Wine Estate & Hotel or during the Festive Season – during which time full cancellation fee of 100% applies from 30 days prior to arrival, or from time of booking if the booking is made less than 30 days prior to arrival.
- 16.7 A 100% cancellation fee applies to certain special offers and rates, this will always be indicated alongside the rate details when booking, and on the booking confirmation.
- 16.8 In the event of a no-show, or should you not arrive on the stated arrival date, your room will be released at 23:59 on the stated arrival date and a cancellation fee for the entire booked period will be charged. Should you be delayed for any reason, please let us know so that we hold your room for you. Relevant charges apply.
- 16.9 Should a Guest depart earlier than the confirmed departure date, a full cancellation fee for the remainder of stay will be charged.
- 16.10 As credit card details are only taken to secure reservations, the full applicable cancellation fee as detailed above will automatically be billed to your card should we not receive prior notice of your cancellation. No further authorisation will be sought or required.
- 16.11 All groups are subject to a 25% non-refundable deposit.
- 16.12 The following Cancellation Policy applies to the remaining 75% of the full value of the stay, including accommodation and any other venues, events, consumables or activities:
Days prior to Arrival
59 - 31
30 - 15
14 Days or less,
Day before / Same Day
/ No Show
Cancellation Fee Applicable
- 16.13 If the payment requested has not been received by the due date stipulated on your booking, the reservation will be released unless prior alternative arrangements have been made in writing.
- 16.14 Where a cancellation is not made in accordance with our Cancellation Policy terms, we reserve the right to charge full fees, in accordance with the above, against your payment details provided, without your presence or further authorisation being required.
- 16.15 If your method of payment is EFT, you will be billed and you will liable to make full payment on demand.